Fulltime | Schiphol
We are an aviation company with an important social mission. With our airports, we create value for society and the economy. If you come on board at Royal Schiphol Group, you will enter a world that is always on the move. Your development also determines our development. We offer you all the space you need to keep moving and invest in your development and health. We base this on your own talents and qualities, because we desperately need them to achieve our ambitions: to become and remain Europe’s Preferred Airport and a zero-waste airport in 2030!
Digital & AAP
The Digital department at Schiphol is organized into three Value Streams, based on the three Schiphol priorities: Airport & Airline Performance (AAP), Customer Experience (CX) and Smart Assets & Buildings (SAB). The aim of Airport & Airline Performance is to contribute to excellent aviation performance by ensuring efficient and fast airport processes. We do this is by installing sensors that generate input data for Wilbur, a system that integrates and merges data with information from other sources. This allows us to plan up to four hours in advance! Thanks to Artificial Intelligence, Wilbur can learn from situations and make better decisions in the future, which enables us to limit the impact of operational disruptions such as delayed inbound or outbound flights. We also develop various other products and services that contribute to a better, data-driven airport.
As a fullstack developer you’ll be part of one of the three Agile teams working on a dashboard application called Wilbur. Wilbur is set-up as a streaming platform used internally to keep track of crowds, flights and many other data sources to help the organization in day to day operations. We try to deliver value every day with continuous deployment. You will be working with lots of different data streams which we process in real time. You will be responsible for writing code with a full stack mindset. This would entail managing docker services, the build pipeline, writing restful API’s and re-usable client-side code.
- Nodejs / Express
- Angular 2+
- Rxjs / reactive programming
- Docker / OpenShift
- Jest / Cypress
What you can help us with:
- Migration to Kafka
- Migration from Docker-compose to OpenShift
- Working on features in one of the feature teams
- Writing backend projections for Kafka
- Writing restful API’s
- Maintaining the infrastructure / build pipeline
- Be part of the backend guild
Who are you?
The right candidate has a proactive and Agile mindset. He or she likes to work in a team and is well skilled. If you have the following qualifications, we would love to see your application:
- Experience with NodeJS
- Experience with sourcing of stream processing
- Experience with Linux/Docker
It’s nice if you have experience with:
- You can count on a nice salary in scale 12 (€4100,- and €5750) and very good secondary employment conditions;
- We give you room for professional and personal development. There is a personal sustainable employability budget (for training, coaching, sports, leave, among other things) and a Bring Your Own Device budget;
- You use flexible working hours to determine an optimal work / private balance. We place great value on your vitality;
- You will also have the opportunity to work together in unique inspiring work on unique projects with colleagues who are genuinely proud of their contribution to Europe’s Preferred Airport.
For substantive questions, please contact Machteld Hiemstra, Vibe Manager, via email@example.com.
For questions about the recruitment process, please contact our Recruiter, Ruben van Muilwijk via firstname.lastname@example.org
No questions? Please apply via the application link.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.