As a DevOps engineer at ORTEC, one of your main goals is to empower our 130+ software developers around the globe with regards to our software development tools. This means maintenance on existing tools and R&D and implementation of new systems & tools supporting our product transition to the cloud (Azure)
Our team of DevOps – and System engineers is the spinning wheel in the software and product development unit. As a DevOps engineer you work on technical projects.
The team maintains, improves, migrates, and supports all the development systems and tooling that are needed to keep the software and product development empowered and productive. The team is responsible for a versatile portfolio like:
- Continuous integration and Continuous deployment environment (Jenkins, Azure DevOps, Team city)
- Version control system (Perforce & Git)
- Test case management software (Testrail)
- NuGet repository management (Nexus)
- Issue and project software (Jira, Azure DevOps)
- Virtual Machines (vSphere and HyperV) for software & test engineers with the required tooling to do the job!
- And more…
The team is growing towards a team of four to five DevOps – and System engineers. It is also responsible for all integrations between the systems & tools. Next to that, the system engineers maintain and develop all automation to deploy and update the systems & tools.
It is important that you embrace the “DevOps” culture. If people have questions or want support and advice regarding (cloud) infrastructure, automation or the best tooling for the job, you are the “go to” person. We also monitor that the software is automatically build, tested and deployed in the cloud using our continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines. You work close together with the IT department and you keep aligned with other internal stakeholders.
Who you are
- You embrace the DevOps culture
- Automating is your second nature
- You have knowledge of Virtualization, PowerShell and Windows Server Platform
- You can learn quickly to understand Jira, Perforce, Git, etc.
- You have a relevant bachelor’s degree
- You like to consult others, but also to do the work yourself
- You have 2+ years of relevant working experience
- Willingness to take part in on-call duties to support our customers 24/7 (approx. 8 weeks per year). You will be generously compensated
What we offer
We are a small, relatively new growing team and with that you will find a ‘start-up’-atmosphere which gives you ample opportunity to explore, learn and grow, and make it your team.
- Entrance to the most passionate powerhouse in applied mathematics
- Join our movement and improve the world
- Enjoy an open, kind and fun culture
- NS Business Card 100%, NS Business Card, lease opportunity or commuting allowance: it’s your choice
- Mobility allowance of 3% of your base salary
- 25 annual leave days, additional days from the age of 35
- Result related remuneration
- Active employee association for fun activities with colleagues and content driven Young ORTEC for you to join
- We help you to #stayhealthy, to #stayeffective and to #stayconnected: we organize online activities such as pub quizzes, online sports events, social calls with colleagues, and much more
- Year-end bonus equal to a full month’s pay
- We believe in commitment: your permanent contract will be waiting for you
What to expect
We will help you to thrive in your field of expertise. We offer development programs, tailored to your individual needs and function requirements, including opportunities to attend courses and seminars. We offer challenging, practical hands-on experience with opportunities to work abroad. We operate in a flat organizational structure that keeps communication lines short. The atmosphere is open, informal, cooperative and positive. We employ over 1000 people in the Netherlands (HQ), Belgium, Germany, France, the U.K., Romania, Italy, the U.S., Australia, Brazil, Poland, Denmark and Singapore. Visit our website www.ortec.com to learn more about our solutions and clients’ experiences.
Please do not use this vacancy as an acquisition opportunity.
Apply now via the “Apply” button.